Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DIY: Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Muffins

Hey everyone!

Another new recipe to add to the books this week as I tried out Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. I call them Cupcake Muffins because they are somewhere inbetween a cupcake and a muffin. This was a recipe I thought about while making the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and I decided to give it a whirl! And one of the best parts? They're eggless! Yay for egg free recipes! Here's how I made them:

What you'll need:
1 Spice Cake Box Mix
7/8 Can of Pumpkin (the rest went to Nike ;))
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
1 Cup of Water
1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
Decorative Sprinkles
Candy Corn

Preheat the oven to 350. I mixed the cake mix, can of pumpkin, cinnamon, and olive oil together in a large bowl. After that, I noticed the mix looked a lot like the mucky consistency I got when I made the cookies, and realized that I needed to add water. After I added the water, it was much more like an egg filled cake mix would normally be.
TIP: When looking at the mix before mixing, it looks too wet, but it isn't!

I then added the brown sugar as a little experiment to take some of the strong pumpkin flavor away. You don't have to add the cinnamon or brown sugar, that was just my own touch.
TIP: Use a small gravy ladel or ice cream scooper to put your batter into the cupcake tins. It helps give you a good amount of batter in each to make the perfect size cupcake.

The cupcake box said to bake for 17-20 minutes, but I always do the lower and subtract two minutes. I hate overcooked baked goods. 15 minutes worked out perfectly! I wanted to make enough for everyone at work tonight, so mine were a little on the small side, but if you made a good ice cream scoop size the mix would probably make about 18-20 cupcakes. Doing a little smaller made 24. Let them cool for half an hour then decorate them with the frosting, sprinkles, and candy corn to your liking!

So what do you think? Pumpkiny-deliciousness? I thought so ;). Do you have more yummy fall pumpkin recipes? Let me know! I love trying new things!

Thanks for keeping up,
Olivia :)


No comments:

Post a Comment