Thursday, October 23, 2014

#BookWorm: Gone Girl



Hey fellow readers!

Ahh the frustrations of Gone Girl. If you've read it, you feel my pain. If you haven't, well you should just to know what I'm talking about. It's about a man who's wife goes missing  and it looks like he is framed for killing her. If you've never read a book by Gillian Flynn, which I hadn't, then just a heads up: she's creepy. Like who comes up with this stuff? People kind of scared me away from it like it was going to give me nightmares or something, but it wasn't that bad. And I am scared of the movie Hocus Pocus. Yup. So the frustrations of this book are not just the dumbest ending ever, but things inbetween as well. It was a page turner, I finished it in four days while working two 13 hour shifts two of the days. However, it just made me frustrated.
I would reccommend it to people who love a good mystery/thriller like I do, they've always been my favorite stories. And I do plan on reading more of Gillian Flynn's books. Now I didn't see the movie yet. I was planning on it, but after finishing the book I was kind of wondering how much I would really enjoy watching it being played out... So I decided against it, however I will be definitey renting it when it comes out to Redbox! Overall I'd say this book is an 8/10. Interesting plot, some stupid parts. And towards the end just got way too dramatic. It was like lets spend 3/4 of the book on one thing then shove  the other ninety nine in the last seventy pages and have the worst ending ever.
Back to the drawing board I suppose. I am now reading If I Stay which I have already seen the movie, but loved the story so much I wanted to read it, and want to read the sequel ;). So did you read Gone Girl. What did you think? Did you love it/hate it/want to burn it/see the movie? If you saw the movie, tell me your thoughts!

Thanks for reading with me!
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment