Saturday, September 26, 2015

Movie Moments You May Have Missed: Legally Blonde

Hey everyone!

One thing I love to do is watch movies over and over again. Unlike some people, if I enjoy a movie I have to watch it again. And if I REALLY enjoy a movie, I watch it a lot. There are quite a few movies I have seen probably over twenty times. Legally Blonde is one of them. I saw this movie for the first time in middle school and I barely caught all the quirky moments or jokes. However now I have seen it over twenty times, easy, and I still find new things when I watch it. So here are some movie moments you may have missed while watching Legally Blonde whether you've watched it once, or twenty times like me.

1. The age of Elle and her sorority sisters
Elle is supposed to be an undergrad in college, yet somehow every person in the college scenes look like they're 30.
2. The reference to pill popping by Serena
When Elle is depressed about Warner and starts talking about going to law school, Serena says "can't you just take a Percocet?". I don't know why, but I found that hilarious. Probably because before I was a nurse I didn't even know what Percocet was.
3. When Professor Stromwell whacks a student on the head with a pencil
When talking about Aristotle's quote on the first day of class, Professor Stromwell asks David if he would be his classmates life on the fact that the quote was by Aristotle and whacks the kid she's referencing on the head with a pencil.
4. When Enid is talking to Warner about ovaries and semen at the party
Elle walks up to Warner in her bunny suit and Enid is telling Warner about how the word semester is sexist because it almost has the word "semen" in it and instead should be called an "ovester"
5. Paulette's ex-boyfriend lives in a "trailer park"
But it looks more like a junkyard...
6. Paulette and Elle are randomly shown sitting in the nail salon at Christmas
But really, so random? And why was this scene included?
7. The UPS guy lets Elle sign for Paulette's package
The UPS guy asks Paulette to sign for her package, but when she acts like a moron he hands it to Elle to sign... Weird.
8. When Elle shows Paulette how to bend and snap, she doesn't do what she shows her at all...
Not exactly the snap that Elle just did.
9. Elle leaves her Porche's top down with all her designer luggage piled inside of it
On a busy street... with people walking by... while she says goodbye to Paulette. Hmm.
10. David is wearing New Balances in court
Instead of dress shoes like everyone else, showing his uniqueness once again
Fun Fact: One thing I learned when looking up things about the movie (yeah I like to learn about movies when I watch them) was that the final scene where Elle says the inspirational quote was not originally in the film. It was supposed to end with her walking out of court after burning Warner. The film crew and cast had to fly to the UK where Reese Witherspoon was filming another movie and the scene was filmed at Dulwich College in London.
If you've never watched this movie, you're missing out on a laugh. It really is good and there are so many little funny things that you may miss the first time. It's hilarious. And teaches you a good message about not judging people or underestimating them! Have you seen anything else people may have not noticed in movies that you thought was hilarious or odd? It will be something I look for when I watch movies now! 

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment