Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wifey Wednesday: All Things Aldi

Hey everyone,

So if you haven't read this portion of my blog before, it probably is because it has been a while since I have done a Wifey Wednesday. While I have been still doing deals and saving money, I hadn't been doing anything too new or different. I still love Target as much as before, and Swagbucks and Ibotta are favorites too. But I had been wanting for a while to try out shopping at Aldi. We have had many people recommend Aldi for meat and produce especially, but I just never took the time to go over there. I hate traveling to multiple stores to get what I want for the week, and Target was sufficient typically. However, I wanted to just go see what all the raving was about. So I have been a few times now, and wanted to share what I found!

This post will mainly be a comparison between Target and Aldi since Target is where I primarily shopped before this.

5 Items I LOVE to buy at Aldi:
1) Cinnamon (and other spices)
Typically $4+ for 4oz of Target brand cinnamon, only $1 for 2.3oz at Aldi! Say whaaaat?! I use cinnamon SO much when I bake. This was an amazing find.
2) Tortilla chips:
Typically $2.79 at Target for the 12 oz organic blue chips, only $1.79 for 9oz at Aldi! Another staple in our house. We do turkey tacos every week with blue chips and salsa.
3) Ground turkey and Frozen Chicken:
16 oz Jennie-O brand at Target is $4.99 for the lowest fat percentage. 19 oz at Aldi is $3.29! Yes I am for real!! The frozen chicken grilled strips are $5.50 at Aldi and $7 at Target!
4) Crackers & Cheese
Target brand whole wheat crackers: $1.69, aldi brand $1.39. Colby jack cheese Target brand $2, Aldi $1.79. I have started eating whole wheat crackers with cheese with my lunch, so this deal at Aldi was AWESOME!
5) Normal brands of candy
I saw M&Ms at Target on sale for $3 for the 10oz bag, they were $2.79 at Aldi. Starburst jelly beans: $2.50 on sale at Target, $2 at Aldi, Brach's classic jelly beans $2.50 on sale at Target, $2 at Aldi. Literally BRAND NAME things. That is pretty legit guys.

There are others that we have bought, but we will have to have them pass the taste test before I post about them. Do you shop at Aldi or buy the items listed above for a better price elesewhere? Let me know! All stores have sales that have good prices, (i.e. Publix BOGO sales) but Aldi seems to be pretty darn good for the taste vs price factor. I also like that they do a lot of organic and local produces and meats. There definitely are things that are cheaper at Target than Aldi, but you just have to know which is which. I couldn't do all of my grocery shopping at Aldi, but it is worth driving 5 minutes down the road to get a few items. Just like Sams Club is worth the drive for certain things too. Also I have found nothing that beats Kroger brand vanilla frozen yogurt YUM! Let me know about your Aldi experience!

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Aldi is a family fave! We like particularly their chocolate bars!!!! Plus almost everything else! From produce to dry goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes! Most importantly, Great prices.

    ReplyDelete