Sunday, April 22, 2018

#BookWorm: Eleanor & Park

#BookWorm: Eleanor & Park

Hello fellow readers,
I took a little break from the crazy thrillers I’ve been reading lately and picked up a book I got for Christmas, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. It’s about two high schoolers in Omaha, Nebraska. Eleanor is the new girl and sits down next to Park on the bus. At first he is less than thrilled to have the girl who everyone nicknamed “Big Red” sit next to him on the bus. But overtime he starts to fall for her. Their adorable but unique love story starts to unfold. But Eleanor has a troubled past that seems like it may catch up to her and make her fairytale like romance with Park have some speed bumps. 

This was an easy read, very easy to sit down and get lost in it. You fall in love with the characters and their stories individually and together. It reminded me of other high school romance books, but was unique enough to make it a special book worth reading. I am always a fan of books that tell the story from multiple points of view, and this one is no exception. I also love that the author is from Omaha and wrote a book that took place there. Another thing that I love is when authors throw some personal features into their work (which many do). It also won some awards including the Michael L Printz Award and the Boston Globe Horn Book Award. If you like the Young Adult genre, this one is worth your time. I’d give it a 9/10. 

Spring is officially upon us (even though Durham can't seem to make up its mind about what temperature it should be) and summer is just around the corner! We have our big West Coast trip planned for May, and with many train and plane trips in the works I hope to get a lot of books read. Please, please, please keep sending me suggestions! If you’ve read what I’ve posted about let me know your feelings on the book or movie that goes with any adaptations! I love to hear other people’s opinions and debate books with anyone who shares a love for reading! Happy blooming season everyone :)

- Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment