Thursday, May 17, 2018

DIY Smores Blondies

Hey all,

Recently I threw a surprise baby shower for my co-worker and friend, so of course I had to bake things right?! And of course I came up with something through some Pinterest ideas that I had never made before the night prior to the shower giving me no room for error right?! Of course I did!! Would people expect anything less? Let's just say my Kitchen Aid gets a lot of use. Anyways, I came up with this smores blondie concoction based off of some ideas I saw, and honestly after trying them out of the oven, I was like "meh". But my SIL (sister-in-law) was like YAAAS. So I tried them again once they had been in the fridge overnight (I tend to like my sweets better this way rather than hot out of the oven, I know, I'm odd) and I was like "okay yeah these are pretty bangin'". So here is what you'll need and how to make them!

What You'll Need:
Randoms:
- 1 large and 2 medium bowls
- 9 x 13 pan
- parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons

Crust:
-1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter, melted
-2 cups graham crakcer crumbs (about 1 1/2 packages of graham crackers)

Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanila
- 3 cups flower
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmelows

Topping:
- 2 Hersheys chocolate bars
- 1 graham cracker (broken into pieces)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

How to Make It:
Step One: Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper (try to include the edges)

Step Two: Crush graham crackers and combine with meted butter, pour mixture into pan and press down evenly. Place entire pan into freezer.

Step Three: Mix together sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.

Step Four: In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.

Step Five: Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows, mix by hand with spatula.

Step Seven: Take baking pan from freezer and put dough on top of graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.

Step Eight: Top dough with toppings, press them in slighty.

Step Nine: Bake 40 minutes or until top is starting to look golden brown and no wet batter is visible.

Step Ten: Let cool for at least one hour. Cut and enjoy!

I also have been using my cricut like CRAZY (more to come on that) and made so many fun things for the shower and for baby E! Considering opening an Etsy shop one day. Maybe. When I get time. LOL like that will ever happen! But I really do love my cricut and making things for people. Shoutout to all my friends/family who are pregnant right now and have or will receive cute onesies crafted by me! We head out on our vacation tomorrow morning! Pray for safe travels and for Madi as he woke up with a sore throat this morning :(. We can't wait to share more about our adventures with everyone!!

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment