Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#BookWorm: Four: A Divergent Collection

Hey fellow readers,

So I just finished Four: A Divergent Collection this weekend and wow. I was surprised how much I liked it! Don't get me wrong, I loved the Divergent series. Veronica Roth is truly impressive. But I thought this book was going to just be like a recap of things we already knew. You learn some interesting things about the story of Divergent and how it came along. For example, Veronica Roth wrote the story from Tobias' perspective at first, but then stopped writing and came back to it with the story wanting Tris to be the main character. Isn't that awesome? And made this newest book even more fun to read. There were five short stories in the book. Most pre-Tris days, which were fascinating. You find out why Tobias picked Dauntless and what his initiation was like. Then with Tris, his views. It makes me hate the person who casted for the Divergent movie even more because they make Tobias this cocky confident person when he's not. At all. But nevertheless Theo James is hot. So I get the appeal.

If you liked Divergent: read this book. Duh. It's great. You won't regret buying it although it doesn't "continue" the story where Allegiant left off. Overall I'd give it a 8.5/10. I loved the stories, but wish there were more! Come on Veronica Roth keep it going! I didn't like a few things, like I felt some parts of his story and Tris' story in the series conflicted a little bit and it wasn't a page turner since the stories were short stories. I knew that particular one was going to end.

Next up: Gone Girl. I'm trying to read it before this weekend so I can go see the movie with Madi. But I've heard mixed reviews about the movie part. And the ending. Time will tell! Have you read it? Don't tell me just yet, but I hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment