Friday, August 5, 2016

DIY Sprinkle Sugar Cookies

Hello everyone,

Okay who loves Publix Sprinkled Sugar Cookies? I know I do! So I attempted to make them on my own! I've been on a baking kick as of late, since I've had some free time, and this was a cookie I have been wanting to replicate! Wasn't exactly the same, however not bad for a first attempt!

What you'll need:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of flour (1/8-1/4 cup of flour on standby)
- 1 extra cup of granulated sugar to roll the dough in
- 1/2 cup of sprinkles
1. Combine the butter, sugar, egg, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and flour together in a mixer.

2. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls

3. Roll the balls of dough into the extra cup of granulated sugar

4. Press the sugared dough into the sprinkles and place them onto cookie sheets

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
TIP: Let cool on cooling racks or if you don't have one a plate, not on the cookie sheets. After about 5 minutes of cooling at room temp, transfer the cookies on the rack to the refrigerator for half an hour for best taste. 

Super quick and easy! Total making and baking time is about 30 minutes or less. I am excited to try making these again, next time with more sprinkles ;) Let me know how yours turn out!

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment