Wednesday, August 10, 2016

#BookWorm: Luckiest Girl Alive

Hello fellow readers,

Have you heard of the new book on the block Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll? Well, it's pretty much just as good as people have been saying. While compared to Gone Girl, it honestly is nothing like that story, but just as enticing. Luckiest Girl Alive takes the trophy for the book I've read fastest this summer, if I put the hours together it would probably be close to ten hours total of reading over three work days. It was that good. So what is it about? The story focuses on the life of Ani FaNelli, a New York living mid twenty year old woman working at the famous Women's Magazine. Her life is perfect, minus the secrets from her past. But that all comes to the surface after her high school wants to do a documentary on its own past, digging up Ani's ghosts. This book goes back and forth between Ani's high school life and her New York fashionista life. I think that is why it enticed me so much, I like books that go between different times.

You do have to get through the fact that Ani is pretty much the most selfish, petty, brat in the entire world. And there is A LOT of bad language. But the best part about this book? Huge plot twist. The ending was subpar, kind of anticlimactic and predictable but the rest of the book makes the stupid ending okay. Rating 8.5/10. A quick, but worthwhile read if you like mystery and suspenseful books.

I have heard that Reese Witherspoon picked up this book to turn it into a movie, which makes me excited, except I hope they change the ending. Have you read this book or heard any rumors about the movie? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment