Wednesday, August 24, 2016

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Alpena, MI

Hello all!

We recently returned from Northern Michigan small town Alpena. My birthplace! This is the one place that truly always has felt like home. We spent a lot of time visiting with my Grandparents and friends, and got to relax as well. It was perfect! Not many people will find themselves make a trip or taking a vacation to small town Alpena (population 10,000 compared to Durham's 250,000) but if you're looking for a place to get away from it all on your way to the UP or lakeside, check it out! I also thought people who I know that live here or have visited would appreciate this list of our favorite things!

1) Lee's Miniature Golf
The most challenging mini golf course I have ever been too. Always a good time!
2) Mancino's 
Okay this is all over Michigan and has been in alpena for like 30 years but I had never been there until this trip. AMAZING pizza. And isn't a grinder basically like a firehouse sub? Someone explain this to me! 

3) Black Sheep Pub
Another new stop this trip. They have fun things going on each night. We went to see one of my best friends brother play in the open mic night. Good variety of drinks and fun atmosphere!

4) State Theater 
If you've been to a normal movie theatre (who hasn't) then you'll probably think the screens at this one is a joke. But it's cheap for tickets and food and the outside is super cool since its old school!
5) Cobby Goose
Painting classes with an instructor and some on your own! It's a BYO place too which is nice! A lot of fun was had when we went last year and it was my first time doing this type of thing.
6) Mandarin Gardens
YUM. Chinese food that I love. Some people don't like it because it's almost always empty in there but I love it. So delicious. 

So there you have it! The best part about going is truly my Grandparents' houses, both on Lake Huron. The water is awesome when it's warm enough! What do the natives think of this list? Or just those of you who drop by? What would you add? Let me know! And just take a look at the gorgeous moon light on Lake Huron. So amazing. I didn't get to post as much this month due to traveling a lot, but with fall coming up in full gear I have some DIY projects and treats I will be whipping up and posting about. And of course books. Always books! 
Thanks for keeping up,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment