Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wifey Wednesday: Free is For Me- A Penny Pinching Update

Hello fellow and future wives!

I wanted to put out an update about my penny pinching efforts and how they've been going so far since my last blog post in October. Here are my updates!

1) Swagbucks
Still obsessed. Literally such an easy way to earn money. I don't run out of ways to earn swagbucks, although it has gotten harder to earn by watching on your mobile device (only 10SB on average per day). I have earned more than $75 in these first four months of 2016. Who could complain about that? And I don't sit on Swagbucks every night. Doing surveys is a good thing to do while you're watching TV, same with the mobile TV watching. Bonuses and Shop are easy ways to earn as well. Use my referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/OliviaAili to get started!
Verdict: Still love this app!

2) Perk Points
It got to be too much of a pain in the butt. Too much time to get giftcards. Only ended up earning $10 on that one before I gave up on using it. I'd rather spend my time on SwagBucks!
Verdict: Not worth the download

3) Ibotta
At first, this app was amazing. I earned my first $15 so fast, but since then have only earned $20+ more since October. Not as easy to earn as it was in the past. Less items that are any brand rebates. But still free money for just uploading your receipts. Might as well do it!
Verdict: Still like it, but harder to earn than before

4) Panel Apps: Media Insiders and Nielsen
Nielsen is still awesome. I probably make about $25-50/yr on this app in giftcards, but it is literally maintenance free. You don't have to do a thing! Media Insiders was annoying to turn on and off, and didn't easily pick up the TV when I was watching it. It just got too annoying.
Verdict: Still use Nielsen, Media Insiders was too much work.

5) Target Cartwheel, RedPerks, RedCard and Coupons
Seriously LOVE TARGET. Best store ever. Love Cartwheel. Up to $130+ in savings with that. RedPerks (their newest app) has saved us probably $25-30 so far with the 5% off days. RedCard so far this year? $60+. LOVE IT GUYS. And online? They have coupons, sometimes great ones for $3-4 off $20 Market Pantry, Archer Farms, or Simply Balanced items. Or $3 off $15 in bakery, deli, or produce. Awesomeness.
Verdict: Target is the best store ever!

I did download a new app: ReceiptHog which is supposed to be easy to just upload receipts and earn points then get giftcards, so far so good but no giftcards quite yet. This will be a slower app like Ibotta. I use coupons.com to supplement coupons as well as needed. Any other apps or couponing things you guys love? Let me know! I love to save! :). As for updates on our daily lives we will be heading back to Florida, just for a week long visit, next weekend! I can't wait to reunite with our friends and family, most of whom I haven't seen in eight or more months. That's a long time for me.

Thanks for saving with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment