Saturday, April 2, 2016

#BookWorm: Me Before You

Hello fellow readers!

BRB just wiping tears off my face as I write this blogpost about Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This was actually a book I found out about because my friend Ashley showed me the movie trailer a few months ago. I was instantly interested, but with trying to save money didn't want to buy it and was waiting for it to come on the library availability list. In the meantime while shopping at a used bookstore in Raleigh, she found a copy of it marked down from $16 to $3.99! Score! She started reading it, got halfway through, and gave up. So I gave it a whirl. OMG guys. I have not been this in love with a book and its characters in a long long time. Probably since The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. Okay or The Fault In Our Stars but you get the point. It's been a while.

This book is about a girl named Louisa who loses her job in a cafe that she's had for years and can't seem to find a new one easily. One job comes up that is for a caregiver position, an area in which she has no experience. She takes it and meets Will Traynor, a 35 year old man who becomes a quadriplegic after a bad car accident in London two years ago. While working with him, she find out a few family secrets, and starts to try and cheer up Will by planning fun outings for them to do so he can enjoy his life. This book is for reals amazing. It drew me in and I couldn't stop reading! I loved Will and Louisa's characters and their humor. I laughed, I bawled my eyes out. It was a thoroughly good read. And ranking? 10/10. And I don't throw those around lightly. I can't say much else without ruining the story or the ending, but it's WELL worth the read. This may be my first 10/10 ranking on DHTBB so far! (I'll have to look back on a few posts).

I am DYING to see the movie in June, but already know to bring my box of tissues. And the guy who plays Will is the same guy who played Finnick in Hunger Games, Sam Claflin. So hot. Such a good choice. Next read is Lovely Bones which I have heard mixed reviews on so we shall see how it goes!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment