Wednesday, April 27, 2016

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Bradenton, FL

Hello all,
After just getting back from the town where we grew up, I decided to start a new blogpost series called These Are a Few of My Favorite Things featuring our favorite places to eat and things to do in different cities we have been too. Since I have had a lot of people ask me what is fun to do in Bradenton since moving to NC, I thought I would start it off with Bradenton, FL!

Since moving to Durham, we have found that we are missing a lot of things that only exist in Bradenton. Many things we knew we would miss when we made the move and some not so much. Here are our top favorite things, in no particular order:

1. Sweetberries Frozen Custard
Basically more "healthy" ice cream that's amazing. If you like Oreos and gummy bears, get bears on the beach. It's so delish.

2. Geckos
Basically like an Applebee's but way better food. Their homemade chips are the reason I love going there.

3. China Village
Located right off SR 70, this is honestly the best chicken fried rice and wonton soup I've ever had. We've been going there for Chinese food since middle school. Madi even before then. Family owned and one of a kind, you have to try it.

4. Rusty Cricket 
The cutest boutique store ever. Prepare to spend higher than normal for the clothes but they last and are well made. I've never bought something from there that I didn't get a compliment on. And if you don't already live in Bradenton, you'll know no one with the same outfit!

5. Robinsons Preserve
Even though they just found a MASSIVE snake in there like two months ago, this preserve is awesome. Places to rent Kayaks, paddle boards, walk, run, bike. Pet friendly. Great place to spend close to sunset when it's not as hot. 

There's obviously so much more to do, including Anna Maria Island which could have a post all on its own, but those are our favorite places to eat and things to do. This week Madi started summer classes and I geared back up at work. 

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment