Sunday, December 13, 2015

My Random Addictions: Watching Underrated Christmas Movies

Happy December!

Can you believe it is already the middle of December? Where has the time gone?! With only a little over a week until Christmas, I have been watching Christmas movies out the wazoo. While watching said movies, I have talked to others about them and had people say "what is that?" or "I've never heard of that before?". Now don't get me wrong. I love the CLASSIC Christmas movies: A Christmas Story, Elf, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Santa Claus, Rudolph, but there are SO many other good Christmas movies out there! So spread the joy and watch some of these very underrated movies listed below :)

1. I'll Be Home For Christmas
This movie is like a 90s gift from heaven. JTT, Jessica Biel in her 7th Heaven stage. In this movie JTT goes to boarding school after his mom dies and his dad wants him to come home for Christmas, however the last thing he wants to do is spend time with his new stepmom and bratty sister. Truly hilarious due to 90s songs and clothes, and just incredible. The dad from Cadet Kelly plays JTT's dad and the sister is from Zenon. Is there another reason you need to watch this?! I am surprised at the number of sexual references for it being a Disney movie, and JTT is kind of a huge brat in it, but it is great and super unknown/underrated in my opinion.
2. The Family Man
I have talked about this movie in blog posts before. It is SO underrated. It is about a man who made a life decision and what would have happened if he chose differently. One of the best movies with meaning ever, and has back in the day Nicholas Cage (even though Reegan literally despises him). If you want to watch a heartfelt movie, watch this movie this year.
3. Arthur Christmas
A newer (2011) animated movie that I was introduced to by the Franek's when it came out. It is about Santa's son who didn't make the cut to become the next Santa. I was unsure of how I would like this movie, but it is one of the best Christmas movies in a long long long time. Any age would love it, and it is funny too!
4. The Ultimate Christmas Present
A DCOM classic. With baby Brenda Song and the mom from Lizzie McGuire, what else do you need? About two girls who find a weather machine and make it snow in California. Moving from Northern Michigan to Florida I used to wish that it would snow, and this movie makes it better.
5. The Holiday
With Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law this is a holiday must see. Great message. Great cast. Great plot. This movie is about two women who swap houses for the holidays. I am shocked how many people have not seen this movie or heard of it. It is great. I think that is the most I can say great in one description.
So there you have it. Now let me briefly say that this year his changed our movie watching due to not having cable, but I saw the list of the 25 Days Until Christmas from ABC Family and the week after Thanksgiving leading into December and I have to just say: HARRY POTTER AND HUNGER GAMES ARE NOT CHRISTMAS MOVIES! Like can I take the person's job who decides the movies for Halloween and Christmas on ABC Famiy?? End of rant. So what movies are you favorites? Have you seen any or all of the ones listed above? If you have seen them all, pat yourself on the back with the Olivia stamp of approval.

Thanks for watching with me!
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment