Saturday, December 26, 2015

Book Worm: Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl

Hello fellow readers,

So I recently finished up the book Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. Surprisingly I heard about this book from Sophia Bush's Instagram a while ago when the movie came out. For some reason once I heard it was a book, I never even watched the trailer, I just jumped right into searching for it at the library. Luckily, it was available! Anyways, back to the book. This book is about a boy named Greg Gaines, who goes through life trying to avoid every group at school so he has no enemies, but therefore also has no friends. Except Earl, his movie loving side kick, Then the story brings in Rachel, a girl he has known since he went to elementary school but never really cared for, and all of a sudden she is diagnosed with leukemia. Instead this being a typical book where he wants to be her friend, he actually avoids it until his mom steps in and guilt trips him.

This book was a little odd. Odd because it is written weirdly going from movie script to normal to bullet points. And VERY short chapters, making the pages fly by. If I would have had time, I could have read it all in one day, but instead it took me three days due to work. The beginning of the plot was odd, but I got more into it towards the end for reasons I can't say without giving away the plot. All in all, it was worth reading. Rating? Probably 8/10. Yeah that seems to be my go to lately.

My stack doesn't seem to be getting much smaller as we pass through December, but since these last two books have been shorter reads I have been able to conquer more than I thought I would. I recently opened up To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han who also wrote The Summer I Turned Pretty series that I read a few months ago, so I am excited to see if I enjoy it as much as I did that series. I am hoping the library will have the second book P.S. I Still Love You when I go to return this one. I probably shouldn't be checking out more books as I am not reading them as quick as I did when I had a month off, but oh well. So have you read Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl or seen the movie? I am curious and plan on watching the trailer as I could maybe see it being decent, but Sophia Bush loved it and it won awards at the Sundance Festival so hey, can't be too bad!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment