Friday, October 9, 2015

#BookWorm: Elixir

Hello fellow readers!

I recently finished reading the book Elixir. It's a Young Adult Mystery New York Times Bestseller written by one of my favorite people ever, Hilary Duff. The book is about a young girl named Clea, who's parents are both world known. It starts out like a normal romance novel, but takes a twist when Clea is developing pictures from a recent trip to Europe and notices a strange man in every single photo who she has never seen before but feels a connection to him. Clea and her friends Ben and Rayna start to discover other odd occurrences around Clea's house revolving around the disappearance of her father. Ben and Clea head to Rio on a photography assignment and happen to see the man that has been appearing in her photographs. The book is a thrilling adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed. It does veer from normal and go into supernatural which was unexpected, but I was really impressed with the writing. In the first parts of the book I was so drawn in that Madi had to actually tap my leg to get my attention!

If you like books like Twilight, this book has a similar supernatural twist but in a fascinating way. I would give it an 8.5/10. As I said, the writing is phenomenal and really makes you feel like you are in the book. Scared when the character is scared, happy when the character is happy. It's great. There were a few parts that I had to figure out she was dreaming, since the paragraphs have no separation from reality it could be hard to keep track of. Overall I liked the book a lot and am currently digging into the second part of the series: Devoted.

Since Madi and I are trying to save some extra bucks, I decided to get a library card at Durham County Library and check out the last two books of this series instead of waiting to buy them. I am excited to go back into libraries again since I am such a book lover and go through them so quickly. So have you read Elixir? What did you think?

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment