Tuesday, October 20, 2015

#BookWorm: Devoted + True

Hello fellow readers!

And just like that, two more books checked off the list for the year! I have been loving this series by Hilary Duff as I just completed reading the last two books of her Elixir trilogy: Devoted and True. This series has been so much different than I expected. There is definitely a Twilight supernatural feel to it. If you haven't read Elixir skip over to the next bonded area! 

***ELIXIR SPOILERS ELIXIR SPOILERS ELIXIR SPOILERS ELIXIR SPOILERS***
Devoted starts off with Clea coming back after Sage was captured by the Saviors and she is trying to do everything she can to find him. While talking to her Dad at his grave she comes across a family of spirits that warn her to stay away from Sage. The rest of the book is finding out what happened to the family and the perspective goes back and forth between Clea and the ghost daughter Amelia. Clea finds out about the Cursed Vengeance and why the want Sage so badly.  

Skip to the bold if you haven't read Devoted. True starts out after Sage's soul was released from his body and put into Rayna's boyfriend Nico. The only difference in Nico's new appearance is his eyes. Sage starts having a weird reaction to taking over Nico's body and has random outbursts where he gets angry and can't remember past events. The story follows the group as they try to figure out how to get Sage's soul to take over the body without these crazy side effects. 
*** SPOILERS COMPLETE SPOILERS COMPLETE SPOILERS COMPLETE***

Overall this series was very intriguing. It definitely kept me reading but got a little weird at times. If you are into shows like Supernatural you would love this book series. I like that show, but I am not super into magical and demonic books, however this one was tame enough that it kept my attention. I would rate Devoted and True both an 8/10. Definitely a good read but not INCREDIBLE. 

So have you ever read this series? Any thoughts as you came to the closing of it? I am hoping this may become a movie too! (Come on Hilary Duff). Let me just say that I have been LOVING the library here. So far I have only gone to the main library downtown on Roxboro street, and it isn't the nicest place ever, but just being around libraries again makes me happy. I know so sad I am such a nerd, I admit it. I really have been having a blast and now with technology advances I can go online, search for a book I might want to check out and place a hold on it if it is available or for when it becomes available at whichever location next! It truly makes me giddy just typing it because I have saved money on ordering books and still get to hold an actual book in my hand when I read. If you haven't ever been to your local library and are looking for a way to save money and still enjoy reading, go take a trip and visit! If you have kids a library is the best place to take them so they can pick out books they want to read on what interest them. I remember taking my niece to the library when she was only three and half to pick out books and she LOVED it. For some reason she had a fascination with bugs at the time (literally one of the smartest kids you will ever meet) and it was so fun watching her face as she picked out a new bug book she hadn't read yet. It's awesome. Anyways enough on my rant about reading ;). In other news I also started working now! Woohoo! Yay for paychecks and not being completely poor!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment