Sunday, April 6, 2014

USF Telefund

Hello everyone!

Tonight marks the night of my last telefund banquet, so crazy! It's bittersweet as I have been working for the USF Telefund for four years, but I know it is time to move on once I graduate in August. It is funny how life finds you great opportunities. I saw a flyer for the job at telefund my freshman year in my dorm, Juniper-Poplar and applied on a whim. Luckily, I got the job! Times have changed over the years, five managers in four years, probably over two hundred different callers, and a million answering machines later and I am finishing up my time. I have made so many great friends through the telefund, some that I consider my best friends. If you're reading this and you have ever been associated with telefund, thank you. Thank you whether it was talking to me as a new caller my freshman year, thank you for those who have put up with me stressing out over EVERY detail, thank you to talking to me about life for countless hours, and thank you for some of the best memories I have at USF. Most of you probably think I am crazy for staying at telefund as long as I have, but I have to honestly say it is the most interesting job I have ever had. I have learned so much about communicating with people, dealing with crazy situations, and being able to handle myself in awful situations. 
Some telefund people I want to thank especially: 
Jasmine Grey- for being there always, and being such a great best friend but also for playing jimmy rum and day calling with me.
Shane McMahon- for listening to me cry on the phone for so many hours about so much drama and for being a great co-supervisor and friend. I never would have made it through this past year at telefund without you.
Becca Constant- for letting me cry on the phone with your boyfriend for endless hours and talking to me for hours during shifts and hearing me vent about everything and anything. you truly are a great friend and I am so glad I met you!
Kyle Kremer- for being such an amazing manager and always being supportive. we miss you dearly at USF.
Beth Jackson- for coming in and taking USF telefund as is and making it such a fun atmosphere compared to how it was. I will be forever grateful for all you have done. 
Jon Bidelspach- for hanging out with me on Halloween this past year at shift and also listening to countless stories and telefund drama. 
Dan Krenik and Aaron Triefler- for being awesome friends, we need to all hang out again ASAP.
Marcela Duarte- for also listening to me 24/7 and for making me laugh endlessly during shift.
Everyone else thanks for doing what you do whether we have talked for five minutes or hours on end. You all rock.



Thanks for keeping up,
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment