Tuesday, April 15, 2014

DIY M&M Blonde Brownies

Hello everyone!

So yesterday I had some free time (I know super rare right) and I decided to make some blonde brownies for work! I had never made them before, so I looked to Pinterest for different recipes and such and this was the one that I came up with! It was a lot easier than I had anticipated and it's a recipe that doesn't take a lot of items you don't have if you are a frequent baker like myself ;)

What you'll need:
1/2 cup of softened butter (1 stick)
2 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups of miniature M&Ms

Prep and cook time: about 40 minutes
FYI: In order to taste best, let them cool for a half hour and sit in the fridge for an additional half hour.

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together the butter and brown sugar. Mine got to a wet sand consistency.
3. Mix in the eggs and vanilla, this will make it about the consistency of brownie mix.
4. Next mix in the salt, baking powder, and flour. This will give you the consistency of a cookie!
5. Add in 1 cup of the mini M&Ms
TIP: Don't use the beater to add in the M&Ms, it will make your beater run slower and potentially wear it out.
6. Next spread the mix into a greased 9x13" pan.
7. Add the last 1/2 cup of M&Ms on top of the mix.
8. By now, your oven should be preheated, bake in the oven for 25 minutes. The middle of the blondies will not seem "done" but they aren't supposed to be as tough as a cookie.
9. Take out the blondies and let them cool for half an hour. Place in the fridge if not eating anytime soon.
There you have it! From the people at work, I heard they turned out delicious! I sure thought so! Do you have anything that you add to your blonde brownies to make them better? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment