Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Itch to Travel

Hello readers,

Today when I had some spare time in-between classes, I was looking at some old pictures from last year when Madi and I took our trip to Wilmington, NC, Durham, NC, Ashville, NC, Chattanooga, TN, and Atlanta, GA. This was our first road trip with no one else, and we had such a great time! It is getting to that time of year when I not only am starting to have senioritis, but I also am having the "itch" to travel. And that's a good thing, because this summer we have some fun trips planned! We will be taking our normal trip to Michigan, but we also will be traveling to Birmingham, Alabama! I know random right? The reason we are going there is because Madi will be observing at a sports facility for physical therapy and that is how he wanted to spend his 21st birthday! Luckily, Sondra will be coming with me so I will have someone to explore with while he is gone! I have been doing some research on what to do in Alabama, and I think a few of our activities will include some parks in the area. Nike will be traveling with us, so that is another thing that we have to consider when making our daily plans. Although Alabama was not what I was hoping for during our short break between semesters, I think we will make it fun! And we are stopping by Chattanooga for a day, which is obviously one of my favorite places so I am looking forward to that.

While doing research on these places and looking through pictures, I have added some places on my list that I want to go to/ things I want to do:
- Savannah, GA: I have heard nothing but great things about Savannah and really would like to go
- Cape Cod, MA: From the pictures, I cannot believe the beauty. I have personally never been farther east than NYC, so the Northeastern Coast is somewhere I would like to see
- Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip: From Portland to San Diego, Madi and I would love to go see what the West Coast has to offer. The views are amazing and there are some awesome locations.
Obviously this list would be no time soon, but they are places that I have a new interest in!

So what about you guys? Any fun trips planned for the summertime? Any places you have realized you're dying to go to? Have you been to any of the places I've added to my list? Any tips for things to do with a one year old pup in Birmingham? Let me know, I'd love to hear :)

Thanks for keeping up,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment