Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Random Addictions: Frozen vs. Tangled

Hey guys,

Well this one isn't obvious is it ;). Disney Movies are clearly my favorite genre of movies. Tonight I watched Frozen with my mom, finally. I know so crazy for me, right? Usually I'm on the ball and see new Disney movies in theaters but I didn't get a chance to see that one. Anyways here are my thoughts on the new hit: Frozen.

Things I love:
1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the music. Definitely had a great soundtrack. Idina Menzel has always been amazing, but I loved seeing Kristen Bell in a new way!
2. LOVE that its an original plot. Based off a Hans Christian Anderson book, but not like it too much besides a snow queen. I didn't like Brave too much, because it reminded me of brother bear, but with a Scottish twist. Like legit same plot.
3. Love Ana's quirky character. So adorable. Can I be her?
4. The Scandinavian scene, died. Probably because I am 50% Scandinavian... #finnishlife #wehadasaunagrowingup

Things I liked, but were similar to other Disney movies (AKA similar to Tangled):
1. Kristoff and Sven. Adorbs, but I have a heart for Flynn Rider and Maximus. Basically a similar idea, except Scandinavian and a reindeer.
2. Both stories sort of start out about being locked up in something. A tower. A castle. Same theme, different song. When will my life begin vs. For the first time in forever. 
3. Hair changing color because of magic and having one strand stay that way the whole movie? Same exact thing. Interesting that they put that in both.

My overall personal opinion: really enjoyed Frozen and will be adding it to my movie collection some day, but Tangled was better. Probz because I want to be Rapunzel, letting a floating lantern go is on my bucket list, and Mandy Moore is ahhhmayzing :). LOLJKnotreallyiactuallyloveher. 

If you've seen Frozen, but have yet to see Tangled, GO SEE IT. Srsly. Buy it because you'll watch it over and over like me. I can even get Madi to willingly watch that one! Shocker, I know. It's that good. Not sure I can say the same about Frozen. Anywhoooo, what did you guys think? If you've seen both, which did you prefer and why? I've heard almost everyone say they liked Frozen more except a one person, but I'm curious, now that I have seen it, to know why! 
Thanks for reading,
- Olivia :)

P.S. Oh and happy Easter to everyone! Remember why we celebrate and how lucky we are to be here! We wouldn't be without the truest and most selfless sacrifice ever. Be grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment