Friday, April 25, 2014

#BookWorm : The Fault In Our Stars

Hello everyone,

As of late, with finals coming up and people having more time to read leisurely I have had many people ask me what I am currently reading or what I would recommend. Well I decided to start a new section of my blog called #BookWorm since that perfectly describes my life. If you have ever been to my room AKA Colton's room AKA soon to be Christian's room at my mom's house, it is a library. Legit. Probably over a couple thousand books. If you have been to my apartment in Tampa,  you will notice in our guest room the two book shelves crammed with more than one row of books. And if you know anything about me, you probably know that I am a published author. Clearly I have a passion for literature. Reading is a gift. People don't understand that. As much as I love movies (and the good Lord knows I do) I would rather be able to read a great than watch a movie of it. Anyways back to the point. So what I am currently reading is the book that has everyone talking: The Fault In Our Stars (TFIOS).

This book is only a typical popular book in about two ways: 1) It is a #1 NYT Bestseller. 2) It has a love story. Those two items don't shy me away from it, and if romantic novels aren't your thing: don't worry it isn't what you think it may be. I found out about this book from my little soon-to-be sister-in-law as she told me well before it was popular that it was her favorite book of all time. When people say that to me, I generally like to give the book a try. It is a fairly newly published book, in 2012 I believe, but since the announcement of the movie coming out it has become huge. Now I am the girl who HAS to read the book before seeing the movie. Always. So I decided to pick this one up and add it to my long list of books I want to read this summer. I was just starting Nicholas Sparks' new book The Longest Ride (which was fantastic to my surprise because I'm not really a country gal) and decided to finally move TFIOS up the list. Legit read this thing in 40 hours and worked 24 of those 40 hours. Sleeping about 8 of them. So basically I read it pretty quick.

Overall view on the book: It was amazing. As everyone says they did, I also cried. Of course. It is truly a story that grabs you and makes you want to read it in 8 or so hours. It is an easy read, great characters, interesting plot, and overall is fantastic. I can't say it ended the way I wanted it to, and the last chapter kind of ended in a spot that made me grab for more. But overall I did really enjoy it and would recommenced it to anyone. I am adding John Green's other popular book Looking for Alaska to my list of things to read! If I had to rate it, 9/10. The ending just gets to me.

I am really looking forward to the movie, although I don't really care for Shailene Woodley I think she could fit the part with her personality pretty dang good. I also have mad respect for her actually cutting off her hair. I am planning on bringing a box of Kleenex with me to the theater (considering I cried while seeing the trailer for it when we saw Divergent).

So what else is on my list you may ask? Here ya go. Random, yes. But that is what I love.
Next up: Vanishing Acts- Jodi Picoult
Wicked- Gregory Maguire
Dear John- Nicholas Sparks (yep never read it)
A Stolen Life: A Memoir- Jaycee Dugard
Growing Up Duggar- Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar
Looking for Alaska

Anyways what's on your summer reading list? Do you have one? Have you read The Fault In Our Stars? What did you think? Keep me posted!

-Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment