Saturday, April 1, 2017

{Reall Talk}: Great Is Thy Faithfulness


Happy April Everyone!

March was a crazy month for the Franeks. We purchased our first car on our own, Nike had her fourth birthday, my mom had another birthday, one of my besties had her second baby boy, my cousin had her first baby girl, on of Madi's relatives passed away unexpectedly, I drove to Florida and back in 72 hours, woke up super early to run our RadOnc booth at the CRUSH 5K and then moved to our new townhouse the same day. All on top of working overtime filled work weeks. It's been a whirlwind. But each of these things that happened gave me a reason to be thankful. Here's a little more about each:

1. Purchasing our first car on our own
We had been saving up for a new car since before we moved to NC. We knew Madi's old car wasn't going to last us long when we moved it here, but we didn't think it would only last a month (oops). So we've been carpooling together to work/school. Another example of how God worked in our lives. When I got the job at Duke I thought "awesome I love Duke this is so great" but it would have been a super struggle for me to get all the way to UNC or WakeMed every day if we had one car. Blessings in more ways than one guys. When I saw this Honda Pilot online, I asked if Madi wanted to go look at it sometime that week. His response was "can we go today?". It was $4000 under budget, the color we wanted, and had all the things we were looking for. When you use your life savings to pay for a car in cash, you want to love it. And we did. We went home with the car the next day. Craziness. What a blessing, right?!

2. Nike had her fourth birthday
What in the world, our baby is four. We would be lost without our baby girl. It's seriously so hard to believe. Time flies guys.

3. My mom had another birthday
Every year that my mom gets older, it is another reason to celebrate a little extra. We like to count by her remission date too, but birthdays are a great reminder that her cancer is on the back burner and she continues to be a survivor.

4. Baby Sawyer Jameson and Baby London Mackenzie
These two babies have some great parents. Love that I also got the chance to travel down to Florida to meet these cuties, even if it meant driving both ways myself. Babies give me such joy. Beginning of a new life, and change to everyone's world that they live in.

5. Madi's relative passing away
It's funny about two days before London was born, someone I knew in high school posted about how the same day someone died that they knew, their friend had a baby. Little did we know that would be a similar story to ours that week. London was born and a few days later Madi's middle age relative passed away in a car accident. It really does show the circle of life. It was kind of hard to grasp, how we were just celebrating new life when another was taken from our family.

6. CRUSH 5K
The CRUSH Colorectal Cancer 5K at Duke was so fun last year, and this year was even better. We had awesome weather and lots of people stop by our booth. It reminds me to be thankful for my amazing job and co-workers. I truly work at such an awesome establishment that sometimes it's overwhelming.

7. Moving
Probably one of my least favorite things in the world. This move was unexpected, we found out around March 1st that we would have to move. We didn't realize right away that it would be less than three weeks later! But we love our new place! God has a plan people. Most people know I kept saying "we're going to live in this one bedroom forever" and was even looking at ways to rearrange it to get more space and such before we got the news that a move was going to be happening. It was sad because I loved our old place so much, and it was our first home together in Durham, but I really can't complain because now we have almost two and a half times the space and it's pretty awesome. Nike is getting used to it too! Pictures to come once we get it up and running (which will probably be a while with me working full time and then some).

So many things to be thankful for. Through the good times and the bad, God is faithful. We are so excited to see where God takes us as we quickly are approaching the summer which means Madi will be finishing up his last semester before clinicals and I am applying to move up on the clinical ladder at work! We also have a bunch of long weekend trips and a big trip this summer planned so stay tuned for those!

Thanks for keeping up with us,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment