Sunday, June 26, 2016

My Random Addictions: Books That Go to Movies Pt 2

Hello everyone!

As you all know, and can tell from my page, I LOVE books. I love it even more when a book goes to a good movie. Read my original post here. I wanted to write about a few recent book turned movies that came out in the last year as well as my thoughts on how the movie adaptions held up to the book, and a few to look forward to in 2016!

What's Already Been Released:
1) Me Before You

GAH. Is there a better one to start off with?! If you haven't read it, read my review of it and the GO GET IT LIKE TODAY. Then GO SEE THE MOVIE LIKE TOMORROW after you finish the book in one day because it's just that good. So good. There were pieces of the book left out in the movie, but not pieces that I thought were deal breakers for not being included. And Sam Clafflin? Dang boy dang.

2) The Choice

Another heart wrenched. The Nicholas Sparks book turned movie was one of my favs to read and the movie was pretty good as well. It does skip over a lot of the couples lives together before the big disaster happens, but the most important parts are there. It's out on RedBox now, so if you haven't seen it yet: it's worth the watch for a girls night. 

3) Paper Towns

F*** THIS BOOK AND MOVIE. Seriously. Number one: everything exciting is in the commercial. This is because everything exciting happened in the first quarter of the book, and same goes for the movie. Stupid stupid stupid anti-climactic ending. And not to mention the movie ending is not the same as the book exactly, but it's still just as stupid. Don't waste your time watching or reading this BS. Like why didn't they make Looking for Alaska into a movie yet?! Come on people.

4) The Scorch Trials


Okay so this was a hard book for me to get through, but was much better than the first Maze Runner book. The movie, however, was great! Basically took the bones of the book and changed a lot, including super important parts that I'm not sure how they will do the third movie, but I'm curious to see and this movie was very entertaining. Just not even the same as the book. Like at all. Okay maybe a little. You book worms who have seen and read this know my feels.

5) Insurgent/Allegiant

Both were great, much better than the first Divergent movie. Woodley still pisses me off with her acting but whatevs. DEFINITELY read this series. Allegiant was the best of them all and Part Two AKA Ascendant is set to release next year. Why they changed the name instead of doing part two of allegiant is beyond me and is dumb IMO but I'm hoping they keep true to the book!

6) Mockingjay

These two movies are gold. Pure gold. Parts one and two. Some scenes I thought could've been lengthened but overall the movies were honestly way more interesting than the actual Mockingjay book. That one was hard for me to get through because of all the battle stuff.

What To Look Forward To:
1) The Girl on the Train
YAAAS OCTOBER HURRY UP

2) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Harry Potter continued?! Well  really its pre-Harry Potter, but ya know. Hopefully it doesn't suck, but casting looks good and so does the trailer!

3) Ascendant
AKA Allegiant Pt 2. Don't know why the name change but I'm pumped for this one.

4) The Light Between Oceans
Up next on my list to read! Comes out in September! Fall is just full of great book to movie releases!

There are many popular books that would make GREAT movies, and I wonder why they haven't been made or even started yet, but that's for another post. Which of these have you read and watched? Any different opinions? If you say you loved Paper Towns the books or movie you can just stop. 

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment