Friday, June 10, 2016

#BookWorm: The Good Girl

Hello fellow readers,

I recently read the novel The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. I had never heard of this book, or this author, before I saw this on a recommended list on Amazon for mystery/thriller books. I am glad I gave it a try! Comparable to Gone Girl or The Girl On the Train, The Good Girl is a mystery about a girl named Mia, daughter of a wealthy well-known judge in Chicago who was kidnapped for ransom, but things do not go as planned.  The book goes from past to present to try to figure out her case. It is told from the perspective of different characters: Colin: the kidnapper, Eve: Mia's mother, and Gabe: the investigator.

This book made it interesting by giving away some important facts right away. There were some predictable moments, but the whole thing was not predictable. The perspective of the kidnapper really made me like it more, as that is not always something you see, but I know I am always curious about what goes on in the "bad guy"'s head .It really was a good book. The plot kept me hook, easy to follow, except for the very end which I am still not clear on, but that's not a make or break for me. Rating? 8/10. Pretty good for a random find!

Have you heard of this book, or better yet have you read it? Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear! Next up I am starting a book called I Was Here by Gayle Forman the author of the world phenomenon If I Stay. I have added a few books to my list, and will get to updating the My List of Books section soon! This month will be super busy with work and family visiting, so I am looking forward to the free time I have!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment