Thursday, January 29, 2015

Providence, RI & Boston, MA

Hello everyone!

So earlier this week I got back from the frozen Northeast, and I had the greatest time with my best friend! I went to Providence, because my best friend is a genius and moved there to study at Brown University! I had never been anywhere east of NYC so this was a totally different world. The first night I got there I had to take a bus from the airport to the train station then a train to Providence. I figured it out pretty easily, but I am thankful for signs and my experiences in big cities that survive on train, bus, and subway systems. Once I survived in Providence we went to a restaurant called Harry's Bar & Burgers and oh my word it was amazing. They serve sliders and baskets of fries. Talk about a great first meal in RI! Next we went to a bar with some of Kari's friends from Brown, its on campus called the GCB, literally on campus under a building, and it was a really fun way to kick off my trip.

The next day we headed out to Boston early in the morning and got off the train to a winter wonderland at Harvard Square. It was gorgeous. Harvard's campus looks twenty times better with a fresh patch of snow in my opinion. We walked around the campus and nearby areas when we found Mike's Pastry and had an early lunch dessert. I got a red velvet cupcake and Kari got a chocolate eclair. They were so delicious! We headed over to some shops and found a Curious George Store, the only in the world! Makes sense that I bought my one and only souvenier from Boston at that store.

After that we took the subway to Boston Common, the oldest park in the US. We stopped by the State Building and then walked to the Paul Revere House, which was so cool. We ate a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe which was just what we needed after walking a couple of miles in the ice and snow. By that time we were exhausted, so we decided to head back to South Station and back into Providence.
Sunday we went to this adorable breakfast place called Kitchen in the downtown Providence area. Then I spent the afternoon getting a tour of Brown and walking to the mall and Providence's State Building. It was nice to just spend time talking and seeing the sights of RI! We did so much in such a short time and due to the crazy blizzard that hit and cancelled my Tuesday flight, forcing me to leave way earlier than expected on Monday morning!

So have you every visited Rhode Island or Boston? Where are some of you favorite spots? Let me know for the next time I go back! It is crazy, because my next planned trip is our honeymoon! Ah! Crazy times ahead.

Thanks for keeping up,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment