Saturday, January 17, 2015

#BookWorm: Paper Towns

Hey fellow readers!

So I finished Paper Towns by John Green a little while ago. It was... let's just say an interesting book. I started off with high expectations after reading The Fault In Our Stars and Looking For Alaska by John Green within the last year. And don't get me wrong, the book started off to the point where I read half of it in one day. I really liked the first half! The second half was very drawn out, and the ending was very odd. The book is about a teenage boy who witnessed a strange event with his neighbor when they were 9. Basically he is fascinated with her, but when they are older she is popular and he is not. Typical start to a story. I can't say too much more, but I can tell you since the movie is coming out, it makes it more worth the read. I can't tell if the movie will be more focused on the first half of the book, making it less drawn out and boring, or not, but I am hoping it is. Overall I'd say this book is a 7/10. Worth reading, but just plain weird. Which is not what I expected when I started it.

If there's someone out there who read Paper Towns and absolutely loved it, please explain it to me. I want to know what the point is. I'm looking forward to the movie though, regardless of the odd ending. I'm now reading the two book series Just One Day and Just One Year by Gayle Forman, author of If I Stay and Where She Went. I've only got two more books after this series on hand to read, so I am gonna have to get searching for good book deals!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment