Sunday, January 4, 2015

#BookWorm: It's Kind of a Funny Story

Hello fellow readers,

So I recently finished A book called It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. This book told by the perspective of a high school age boy, who is struggling with depression because he feels he can't live up to the worlds expectations. I think this should be a required high school book because it really helps teenagers understand that everyone can struggle with different things and there are ways to get help. After doing my nursing psych rotation, I became interested in these kinds of stories, but this one took the genre to a whole new level. I would say this is an 8/10 only because it got slow at parts, and the last chapter was just odd and I found it unnecessary for the book.The book was also made into a movie in 2010 with Emma Stone and Zach Galifianakis, which I haven't seen yet but want to after reading the story.
So have you read the book? Or seen the movie? Any thoughts? Let me know! I've heard the movie is so so but if you've read the book you'll like it! I'm currently half way through John Green's Paper Towns and will share my thoughts on that when in done!

Thanks for reading with me!
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment