Friday, February 6, 2015

#BookWorm: Just One Day + Just One Year

Hello readers!

So a little while ago I finished the two book series Just One Day and Just One Year by Gayle Forman, the author of If I Stay and Where She Went. I have to say, I love this author. Her writing style is easy to read and she keeps things pretty interesting. Just One Day is about a girl who is studying abroad in Europe and takes a one day adventure with a guy she just met, Willem. This is something she would usually never do. Of course she falls for him, but after a series of misfortunes they get separated and cannot seem to recconnect. Just One Year is from Willem's perspective (similar to the If I Stay series right?) and I love that this author switches perspectives. What I didn't like about book #2 is that it kind of repeats and rehashes some information. Now here is a disclaimer, these books are totally unrealistic and some things that happen are kind of like "come on really?" however I enjoyed them and would give them an 8/10.

I am currently working on Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and so far I am really enjoying it! Have you read any good books lately? I am getting low on my list as the Maze Runner series is up next and after that I will need to make a binge book purchase from Amazon :).

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment