Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DIY: Mug Decor

Hey all!

So recently I made a gift for my best friend Kari who is moving to Providence to attend Brown University. Smarty pants right? Well I am going to miss her so so so much. We have been best friends for eight years now, and never had a single fight! Anyways, so I made her this legit mug and wanted to share with you how to do it.

You will need a mug, sharpie paint pens or some type of pen that can write on ceramic material, and a creative idea! I got my idea from Pinterest, but added our initials to make it more personal. I had planned to cut out the shape of the state online and trace around it, but that was not working because of the little edges and such, so I did it by hand. The project probably took me about an hour and a half of focused work, making sure I got everything straight and the words were dark enough.

FYI: If you use sharpie paint pens, shake well and test on paper first, because they don't come out as dark in the first part, and you don't want to have to retrace everything.

So what do you think? Pretty cool huh? I loved it! Have you seen a cool mug that you want to make? Try it out and show me how it comes out!

Thanks for reading,
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment