Sunday, August 31, 2014

#BookWorm Growing Up Duggar

Hello fellow readers!

So I finished another book: Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships. If you haven't heard of the Duggar family, I am shocked, but let me give you an update. They're a conservative Christian family who have 19 children, all birthed by the same mom and dad. This book is written by the four oldest girls: Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger. They write about relationships with God, with yourself, with boyfriends, etc. The reason I wanted to read this book is because I love the Duggar family. Thanks to my boss at telefund, Beth, I got the book as a going away gift :).

So let's get down to the reviewing. Do I practice all of the Duggar's beliefs? No. But I think they're family members are all so sweet and great members of the community. The book comes from different girls perspectives and shares stories of the Duggar family. While I didn't agree with the book one hundred percent, I enjoyed hearing more stories about the Duggar family and what it has been like growing up for them in their huge family. It did get dull at times, and if you don't like the Duggars beliefs, you probably won't like this book. Just saying. Overall I'd say its an 8/10 for me since I like them and found it interesting! It got a little long winded by the end, but if you like the Duggars, I reccomend reading it!

So as Labor Day is upon us tomorrow, and the days of summer are at an end, I created a new reading list for the fall! Here is my list from the beginning of the summer:
The Fault in Our Stars- John Green 
Vanishing Acts- Jodi Picoult 
Wicked- Gregory Maguire 
Dear John- Nicholas Sparks 
A Stolen Life: A Memoir- Jaycee Dugard 
Growing Up Duggar- Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar 
Looking for Alaska- John Green 
+ I added: 
Heaven Is For Real- Todd Burpo 
A Night in Rodanthe- Nicholas Sparks 

All of them checked off of my list! My next list is:
- Four- Veronica Roth
- Paper Towns- John Green
- The Wedding- Nicholas Sparks
- If I Stay- Gayle Forman
- Where She Went- Gayle Forman

What did you read this summer? Did you check all the books you wanted to off of your list? Do you have any to reccommend? Keep me posted!

Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment