Monday, August 4, 2014

Alpena, MI

Hey all!

I just got done spending my time in my hometown: Alpena, Michigan. If you have no idea where that is, I am not shocked. No it's not near Detroit or Mackinac Island, rather somewhere in between off of Lake Huron. We did our typical activities: Sailing, Hiking to Misery Inn, Beach Croquet, Big Boy, Lee's Mini-Golf, but also added a couple new things to our typical trip. Every evening after dinner Madi and I would walk to the end of Partridge Point and back which is about 2 miles total. It was a nice way to spend some time together and talk about whatever was on our minds.

DIY projects were the thing to do this trip. I worked on my Halloween costume, SO excited to reveal it this fall. Let's just say it's Disney themed: duh! We also did a DIY project for our wedding. I can't reveal it yet, but it has to do with wood and making puzzle pieces. It's pretty legit. I got in touch with my handy side this trip and used a sledge hammer and a saw independently for the first time. What can I say, it is in my blood! Anyways now that we are back to Florida, we missed our Nike dearly, we are prepping for my graduation this weekend as well as for my NCLEX and Madi's CSCS exams. We are looking forward to what this year brings as it is Madi's final year in undergrad and my first year being in the big girl world, yikes.

Thanks for keeping up,
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment