Friday, January 31, 2014

New Year: 2014

Hello Everyone,

So I realize this post is about a month late, but I honestly forgot that I didn't post my new year goals or review 2013 at all! With the craziness of the engagement I lost track of time! So here we go :)

My old goals last year were: 
1. Go to the gym once a week
2. Get a 4.0
3. Take a trip to NC with Madi
4. Finish and publish book #2
5. Do more volunteer activities with nursing or USF in general

Well I can cross a few of those! I did go to the gym/worked out at least once a week for the entire year! So props to me! Can't say the same for this year, but I've managed to keep off what I took off last year so far (that's another post for another day ;) ). I did get a 4.0 one semester last year, so hey that is close enough when it comes to nursing school and their screwed up grading scale! Madi and I did go on a trip to NC and it was one of my favorite memories! I also became more involved with nursing and became a volunteer for a local free clinic which I went to once a month starting in August until the end of the year and also volunteered for more college of nursing events! 

Unfortunately the only one I didn't get to knock off my list was publishing book #2, however I did finish writing the sequel to my original book The Portrait Pathway as well as finished a children's picture book which I will have the illustrations for very soon! So that is exciting! But let's review my highlights in 2013:

1. I got engaged to the love of my life on December 30, 2013:)
 2. I got to swim with the manatees!
 3. We made the best decision ever and brought Nike into our lives!
 4. I got hired as at Moffitt as an observer, then promoted to an oncology tech!
 5. We did take our vacation to North Carolina and saw Wilmington, Durham, and Asheville!
Some goals for 2014 are: 

1. Graduate from nursing school and pass the NCLEX!
2. Get hired as a full time RN
3. Travel somewhere new and/or take a road trip
4. Get one of the two books published!
5. Do at least one 5K

Pretty simple and nothing crazy, but there they are! What are your goals for this year? 

Thanks for keeping up :),
Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment