Thursday, January 2, 2014

Deep Creek Lake, MD 2013

Well huge news, Madi and I are engaged! I could not be happier! I wanted to do a post about our trip, and within a couple weeks I plan on starting a wedding website so you can all read the proposal story there when that's up and running :)
Our trip to Deep Creek, Maryland was amazing. We came to Deep Creek for New Years the first year we were dating, and we had such good memories of playing in the snow, snow tubing, riding the mountain coaster, and snowmobiling.  
This trip was a lot different than the last! For starters, Madi's best friend Jeremy and cousin Mitch came along with us, and their good family friends/relatives came to meet us as well! The cottage we rented the first time was at the bottom of the mountain on the lake, but this time we were almost at the very top of the mountain overlooking all of the scenery. 
(I wish I had more pictures from our first trip but sadly I only have one :( ). The crew got to Deep Creek a few days before I did (my family came from Ohio so I wanted to spend some time with them) and I flew in to Pittsburgh (another favorite place of ours). 
When I arrived there wasn't a lot of snow and the temperature was in the forties, but the next day, December 30th,  it snowed! I'll leave the details of that magical day for the wedding website, but that is when we got engaged :) 
That afternoon we went on the mountain coaster and went bowling. Then his family surprised us with a congratulations cake (my favorite thing of course ;) ). 

The rest of the trip was spent playing in the snow a little, going on the mountain coaster, playing air hockey, pool, and going to Swallow Falls Park, where I almost broke my butt twice from slipping on ice and lacking good hiking boots.  
If you have never been to Deep Creek: go. It is one of the most beautiful places in the winter and has such amazing views. I will always remember and cherish this trip and I can't wait to start wedding planning :)

Thanks for reading,
Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment