Saturday, October 27, 2012

Just Get Back Up When It Knocks You Down: The 3-Day, Day Two

So today has been insane. The Keri Hilson song "Knocks You Down" is how I feel. Not like emotionally how her song is but yesterday we got knocked down with a ten foot pole (not literally of course) and today we had to get back up. We were so exhausted we forgot to take a video this morning (whoops) but I promise we will take one tonight. When we woke up, we weren't quite as sore as we had imagined (Tylenol helped with that one). We left camp at 8:15AM and went on our first path. I think I was pretty good until the lunch spot, where once again we had delicious Panera bread sandwiches. Madison as usual wanted a chicken breast and so I offered to take him out to dinner tomorrow night at Carabba's as his reward for doing this with me, he surprisingly declined (I'm assuming you can guess why, something about not wanting me to spend money ;) sounds like him huh?). After lunch (which was the 11 mile marker so a little over halfway) we walked over a lot of bridges. I have never felt so sick in my entire life. The wind from the lovely hurricane on the other coast made me sway back and forth causing me to become super nauseous. It was terrible. But I do have to thank God for blessing us with NO rain at all so far this weekend (knock on wood). Once we hit the last pit stop (number four) we hit mile 16.8 and I wanted to give up so badly but we were less than four miles from the end. I had to turn on some J. Biebs to keep me going at that point because lets just say every time I had to burp I threw up in my mouth. It was lovely. Madison on the other hand wanted to run back just so he could crash on the grass at camp when we hit that 20 mile marker. We both have never been exhausted in our lives but we crossed that 20 mile line at 3:01 beating our time yesterday but a long shot because we left later today also. We also were numbers 80 and 81 today out of 1,000 people! Yesterday we were numbers 211 and 212. We came back and guess what the first thing he said was? "OJ? I'm going to take you up on Carabba's tomorrow night" (I knew he would). I am not going to post any pictures today because my phone is about twenty feet from me and to be honest I love you guys but I cannot get up and then walk back over. So I will do my final post tomorrow night when we get home in Tampa. Thanks so much for blogging with me and let me know what you guys think so far about our journey. I promise tomorrow the videos will be worth reading all of these. 

Love you all xoxo,
-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment