Wednesday, November 2, 2016

{Real Talk}: 2016 Election Season

*BARF* that is literally my thoughts when it comes to this election. America if this was ever the time to send an SOS (don't wanna second guess this is the bottom line its true♫) it would be NOW. I don't care who you are voting for, I don't care about Hillary or Trump. At this point there is a high chance that one of these two will be our next president. That's scary. SO scary. Either way. It's SO SO scary guys. I really wanted to write about my personal opinions dealing with abortion and foreign policy, but that isn't the point of this post. I'd be glad to discuss them with you at another time, but right now there is something way more important that people need to hear.

Last month at church our pastor put it the best I've heard thus far. He talked about how no matter who people are voting for we shouldn't let it tear Christian's apart. That people can be Democratic or Republican and still be Christian either way. I think that is something a lot of people don't accept, and something that people who are non-believers don't recognize. Just because you are a Christian, doesn't mean you are a Republican. And just because you check Republican on your affiliated party doesn't mean you support Trump, or that you will vote for him or Hillary. But the one important thing is that no matter which one wins this month, Christians should stand together and keep fighting the good fight and the only fight that really matters: showing people the love of Jesus. Because even though I am one of those people who would write on my ballot "PLEASE Jesus come back now and save us from these loons!" we will not know the time that he is coming. But we know one thing for sure: He is greater than this and his love overcomes whoever is going to be our president. No matter who wins in this season of life, HE will reign forever. I think I found great comfort in hearing that. I knew it, but felt much better after hearing it again. So I hope that gives you peace. And if you aren't a believer, think about it. If you live in NC come to church with Madi and I! We have a great church with great worship and a great pastor! If you don't live near us, try out a local church or feel free to talk to us about your thoughts or feelings, because guys His love is what matters. No matter what happens, that is the real message and your eternal life matters more than what happens in this world. 

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.- 1 John 5:4"

Thanks for reading, 
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment