Monday, November 14, 2016

#BookWorm: All the Light We Cannot See

Hello fellow readers!

It has been WAY too long since I have had a #BookWorm post. That's because October and November have been CRAZY busy. Like working 45+ hours every week, having events every weekend, and no free time, busy. But alas, I finally got to cozy up in this cool weather with a winner! All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer was definitely a book that helped me jump start my reading kick again. It takes place during WWII. The main characters being Werner, a German boy and Marie-Laure, a French girl who turns blind in her childhood. It follows the two of them through their lives, Marie-Laure and what happens are the Germans approach France. Werner, and his struggle with joining the military group or being left out. Also the ending was actually not what I thought it would be. The story goes back and forth between the war and prior to the war, which got confusing to me at times. The beginning got me hooked, but the middle slowed down quite a bit, however towards the end was worth it again! It was pretty long, over 500 pages, but it helped really capture what went on during those times. If you're into historical fiction, this is for you. It was a Pulitzer prize winner, and well deserving in my opinion! Overall I would give it an 8/10. It wouldn't say it was the MOST INCREDIBLE book ever, but it was pretty good for it's length and historical references.

My ever-growing list keeps growing and growing. I did have to pick up the new Nicholas Sparks book, and that is what I will read next! Hoping to finish this one in quicker time than the last, but my schedule doesn't seem to be slowing down much with basketball season kicking into full gear! Keep letting me know suggestions of things to read, I keep an ongoing list!

Thanks for reading with me!
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment