Friday, May 20, 2016

#BookWorm: Perks of Being a Wallflower

Hello fellow readers,

Last week I finished up The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This has always been a book that I've wanted to read, but just never got around to it. On my latest library trip, I found it available so I checked it out! I'm glad I did! This book is probably considered a classic, published in 1999 by Stephen Chbosky. The plot is about a boy named Charlie who is starting high school after his friend commits suicide. It takes you through his year in letters he wrote to someone "older and wiser". He runs into all kinds of typical and not-so-typical teenage problems, as well as different family dynamics. The book isn't crazy long, only a little over 200 pages, and I found it very easy to read therefore finishing it quite quickly. I really enjoyed  the story and characters in this book, as well as the situations that Charlie runs into. I feel like it should be required reading in high school, as many teenagers may benefit from reading it. Rating? 8.5/10. Not the best thing I've ever read, but I did really like it! A lot more than I had anticipated, actually. 

I'm looking forward to renting the movie from the library once it becomes available, especially since Emma Watson and Paul Rudd are in it. It got an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, so it can't be bad! Have you read this book or seen the movie? What did you think about it? My Amazon.com wish list is growing, thank to suggestions of books and authors from DHTBB readers! Still inform me on what you think would be a good read! If you're looking for more recommended reads from me, check out my List of Books at the top of the website. I have links to every book I've reviewed on DHTBB, as well as which ones I recommend, and which are New York Times best-sellers.

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment