Saturday, May 7, 2016

#BookWorm: The Girl on the Train

Hello fellow readers,

Ahh! The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins was my most recent read. Wow guys, so so good. I am all about mystery/thrilling books, and to be honest, I am pretty picky with them. This one is great. Best thriller I have read since I read Dear Daughter last year. If you haven't already heard about this book, or about the movie that is coming out in October, here is what it's about. Rachel rides the train from her little town to London for work every day. Same train, same route. She passes by a house on that route every day, which also happens to be at a spot where the train stops. She starts to watch the people that live in the house near the stop and imagine what their lives are like. One day she sees something that will change her life forever. Come to find out, she is more involved with what she sees than she realizes.

Like I said before, this book is great. It draws you in and kept my attention. Definitely made me want to read it quickly to find out what happens. I started it Sunday night and finished it Friday night, while working all 5 days. All in all, it probably took me a total of eight dedicated hours to finish it. I saw some people comment  that the book was "predictable". If you were able to predict the ending of this book in the first chapter, bravo, you should sign up to work for the FBI. I did not find it easy to predict, where some others I do. I think the fact that I couldn't predict the ending or what happened made me like the book even more. Overall rating? 9/10. Worth the read for sure.

Watching the trailer for the movie, I am very excited to see this film when it comes out in October. I love Emily Blunt, and although some have said she doesn't fit the physical appearance described for Rachel in the book, I really think that she will play her part well. Has anyone else read this book? Or seen the trailer for the movie? What are your thoughts? Be cautious, there is another movie with the same name that came out a few years ago, definitely not the same book or plot. In other news, I stopped at the library and picked up a new stack of books that I am looking forward to starting this weekend while I have some free time. Let me know what else you have read that you recommend for me to read! My list is once again dwindling down.

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment