Wednesday, January 27, 2016

#BookWorm: Troubled Waters

Hello fellow readers!

Today I finished Troubled Waters by Annalisa Grant which is the sequel to The Lake in the trilogy about a young girl named Layla. This book started with Layla finding Will's ring in her new house in Tallahassee, but it seems as he has disappeared into thin air. Meanwhile an old friend Marcus suspiciously shows up in Tallahassee with no good reason for being there. This book series is interesting to me as Layla moves from Florida to North Carolina and back again. The characters are good, the writing is decent, and it seems like an early works series for a newer author. Meaning you can kind of tell that she isn't a Sarah Dessen or Jenny Han. They are interesting books thought! It bothers me that at times she gets kind of repetitive and also that Layla and Will say "baby" or "honey" like 500000000 times per page. I can only take so much. It also is super unrealistic how intense this high school turned college relationship is. Being married to my high school sweetheart I do have some insight on the drama filled intensity that it requires, but this book is quite dramatic. Overall, 7/5/10. Good enough to finish, not the best thing ever. But if you like YA Romance novels then you'd like it.

Anyways I am excited to get started on the new Nicholas Sparks book See Me this week and I have a feeling this one will be finished quickly as Madi has a heavy schedule next week, meaning more study time for him this weekend and more reading for me! Has anyone read Nicholas Sparks new book? Is it as good as the rest? No spoilers please! But I am curious to see what other people are thinking about it as I haven't heard much yet, except from one patient at work who had just started it and said so far so good!


Thanks for reading along with me,
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment