Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#BookWorm: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Hello fellow readers!

The last book series I completed was To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. This is the same author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series that I read a few months ago. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is about a high school girl named Lara Jean who writes a letter to each boy she has ever loved once she is done liking them and keeps them in a hatbox. One day at school a boy comes up to her with the exact letter she wrote saying it was mailed to his house, and she realizes all of her letters are gone including the one to her sister's ex-boyfriend and their neighbor. Lara Jean has to face each boy she wrote a letter to, and in the process falls back in love with one of them. 

P.S. I Still Love You is a continuation of the first book, with Lara Jean and the boy of her choice being broken up. The story continues as she tries to explain how she feels to him throughout the book. I can't say much more without giving away things from the first! I liked this series, and if you like Sarah Dessen or Jenny Han's other books you would probably like it to. The reading was easy. A few cons about the book popped up as I read it, one of them being the fact that she refers to her Mom and Dad constantly as Mommy and Daddy even though she's seventeen. Such a pet peeve of mine. Also a lot was repeated from book one to two, which makes sense if you read them as they came out and had time in between, but reading them back to back it got kind of annoying. Overall I would rate this book series a 8.5/10. Good enough to read if you like YA Romance novels but not the best YA Romance novel I have ever read.

January is going to be a pretty easy going month, so I am hoping to get a good start on the stack of books I have from Christmas and from my mom in Florida! I do have one last library book that I am working my way through The Silent Wife which has been acclaimed as better than Gone Girl, so we shall see how it is! Have you read To All the Boys I've Loved Before? Or it's sequel? I would love to hear!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment