Sunday, July 13, 2014

#BookWorm: A Stolen Life: A Memoir

Hello fellow readers,

So I finished A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard. Wow. That describes this book perfectly. To give you some background information before I start into the book it is a real memoir by Jaycee Dugard who was kidnapped in 1991 for 18 years. 18 years. I cannot even comprehend that. It goes through her life events from before she was kidnapped up until 2009 when she was found. It is an amazing read. Now to be cautious: it is very disturbing. The events were real making it incredibly difficult to get through at times. I cannot say enough good things about this book. It was a page turner, and really made me interested in her story. I spent time after looking up where she is now and everything. Without giving away too much, it is worth the read. I really enjoyed how she included pictures as well as actual journal entries from her time being kidnapped. There wasn't too much I didn't like about the book except for at times it was repetitive and sometimes during the reflection sections I was confused as to whether that was present time or still in the past. But overeall I would give it a 8.5/10. You definitely should read it.

So have you read this book? What did you think? Currently, I'm working on Heaven Is For Real now, which is a quick read but very interesting as well. And it doesn't help that I've spent a lot of time in the airport lately flying back and forth from Michigan.

Thanks for keeping up,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment