Sunday, October 20, 2013

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust: MNSSHP 2013

Hey readers!


My life has been super crazy lately! I am blessed to have so many awesome experiences and opportunities! This weekend I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with Madi. I had put a lot of time and effort into our costumes so I wanted everything to go smoothly. But until about thirty minutes before we left, I forgot that I had no idea how I was going to do my hair. I had planned to take time looking up videos and different ways to do a neat big bun but I didn't, and my go-to messy bun was not the look I wanted. I decided to quickly do some research and found some great YouTube
videos on how to do a sock bun, which I didn't know until watching some that you actually use a sock. Weird. Anyways that's what I did, so when I do it again for our halloween party I'll do a step by step demonstration of how to do one if you like my hairstyle that I had in my pictures! I also did some transformation shots while getting ready of my make up as you can see. I just thought it looked cool hah.

So anyways back to the trip. As soon as we arrived we saw about ten people actually in costumes out of about fifty, and eight of those ten were children. Didn't people get the memo you DRESS UP for this?! Not wear a Halloween t-shirt. Pet peeve. Anyways almost immediately we got comments on our costumes from laughter to "great costumes guys". The funny part about the way Disney does the party is that we get to get into the part at four when the event didn't start til seven, so when we arrived people who didn't know there was a Halloween party that night were SUPER confused, looking at us like we were grown ups who just dress up to go to Disney for fun. Which I totally would do, but Madi never would. It wasn't even ten minutes into the night when we had little kids saying "look there's Tinkerbell and Peter Pan mom!" So cool. Even cooler? A four year old little girl asking her mom to take a picture with me (well she thought I was actually Tinkerbell) while we were waiting in line for Buzz Lightyear. Of course I said yes :). She was adorable!

While on Splash Mountain a little boy around the age of five saw Madi and freaked out that he was standing in line by the real Peter Pan. Madi turned around and fist pounded him and that made the kid go crazy saying "MOM! I CAN TELL EVERYONE AT SCHOOL I MET THE REAL PETER PAN!"
The mom sort of laughed and said that yeah they are at Disney so that is true. Then Madi did the most adorable thing ever. He turned around and handed the little boy his whole bag of candy he had been collecting all night. The kid melted my heart saying "Thanks Peter Pan, Mom I told you Peter Pan was nice!" So. Dang. Cute. Moments like this show how much Madi has matured over the years (I mean yeah we are still standing there at Disney in Halloween costumes at the age of 20 but still), and how he is going to be a great dad one day.
I wish I could have captured that one on camera.

Anyways the Boo to You Halloween Parade and the Happy Hallowishes fireworks were awesome. Fireworks are one of my favorite things, so beautiful. We also definitely got some good ideas for next year while at the park! I love Halloween. Not the creepy stuff or demonic whatever, but being a kid again, carving pumpkins, watching the leaves change when we went up North, candy corn, fun movies, the whole thing is just so much fun. Luckily, I get to celebrate two more times! Once on actual Halloween at work, which I will be wearing a different costume, and at our party! I can't wait to see everyone else's costumes!

Thanks for reading,

Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment