Friday, November 24, 2017

#BookWorm: The Fever Code

Hello fellow readers,

My latest read was the final prequel in the Maze Runner series by James Dashner, The Fever Code. If you haven't read any of the Maze Runner series, you wouldn't understand this book very well. I definitely suggest reading them in the order that they were released. However, this book would make sense if you didn't read the first prequel, The Kill Order. For some reason the story line does follow but isn't necessarily dependent on The Kill Order to read easily. The Fever Code starts off with characters from The Maze Runner who are taken to WICKED to live prior to the maze trials beginning. The main characters from the original are followed the closest: Thomas, Teresa, Newt, Minho, Alby, and even Chuck. It really helps you understand most everyone's place in the maze and where they came from. That's really all I can say without giving away too much. Everyone knows that they all end up going into the maze, because that is what the first book is about. But the journey of getting there was super intriguing to me.

I read this book in a week, which did not have a lot of free time, so it was a quick and easy read, but also kept me wanting to read more. I think it is definitely worth reading if you are a fan of the series. Remember way back when, when I reviewed the first book, I thought it was super hard to follow and had a hard time keeping up with all the names? This book was not like that. Neither were the rest of the books really. I'm so glad that I gave the rest of the series a chance after not really loving the original, because they were SO good. Overall The Fever Code was 9/10. I really did enjoy it that much. I'm sad that the series is most likely over (book #6 PLEASE James Dashner?!) but honestly the ending answered a lot of questions and really closed the loop with questions I had from the first part of the series. I'm already getting excited for The Death Cure movie that is coming out in 2018, since the last one came out SO long ago!! (2015?!). I'll be attending opening weekend for sure!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment