Saturday, March 4, 2017

#BookWorm: All the Missing Girls

Hey fellow readers,

Last night I finished up with my latest read: All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda. WOW. It was SO good. Similar to books like the popular The Girl on the Train and Luckiest Girl Alive,  this thriller takes you to the town of Cooley Ridge, NC where the main character Nic returns after her dad starts losing his mind and they need to sell his house. She hasn't lived there since her best friend Corrine disappeared ten years ago. While she is there, another girl Annaleise goes missing. When they start uncovering what happened to the latest victim, it brings back memories of the past and what really happened to her friend Corrine. This book was BOMB. To me, it was easier to follow then The Girl on the Train, more similar writing to Luckiest Girl Alive but without the language. There were choice bad words, but not as much as the other two thrillers. It also was WAY less graphic than The Girl on the Train or Gone Girl. Like I only was like "ew that's gross" once (whereas the others it was like every chapter). I feel like this book slipped through the cracks a little since it came out about a year after The Girl on the Train, but it is totally worth reading.

If you hated the previous books mentioned, don't write this one off. Like I said, way less graphic and way less bad language but just as intriguing. I'm always one to try and guess right away "who did it" but in this one I could NOT figure it out and I LOVE books like that. The characters were also pretty loveable, and parts of the book were predictable but not overly so. Overall rating? 9/10. Very good. I am trying to keep dwindling down my stack, but somehow keep buying or coming across more books (oops ;) ). But I am working on it!

I have thoroughly enjoyed having way more free time since being done with my OCN exam. There are lots of big and exciting things coming up this spring and summer for the Franeks (no I'm not pregnant) and I also look forward to projects and baking galore! We will be traveling quite a bit starting this month through the end of the summer, so I will try to keep up with our adventures as best as we can!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment