Thursday, October 6, 2016

DIY: Mini-Pumpkin Decorations

Hey everyone!

Since the weather has officially cooled off, to me fall has finally begun! Even if it technically started a few weeks ago, and yes our house was fully decorated, including these awesome leaf candles I made with my mom last year and some of our free Yankee Candle minis! Also my favorite picture of fall in NC, featuring Madi and Nike on the trail :). October is my FAVORITE month of the year, for many reasons. The cool weather, beautiful change in colors, Halloween, pumpkin flavored baked goods, and the start of college basketball. There is not a better time of year, in my opinion. This year I added some cute mini pumpkins to our front door outside decorations! And they only costed $5 to make, not kidding!

Here's what you'll need:
- 2 foam pumpkins from dollar tree
- 1 bottle of cream paint (or color of your choice)
- 1 foam brush
- 1 bronze permanent marker
- Pencil

Step One: Paint the pumpkins the color of your choice, it will probably take about 2-5 layers depending on if you go light or dark with the paint color. 

Step Two: Let dry over night

Step Three: Draw out your calligraphy letter or choice of font onto the pumpkin and then on top use the bronze permanent marker to go over it.

There you have it! I LOVE the way these turned out and now our fall outdoor decor is fabulous! October is going to be a busy month for us between work, school, people visiting, and basketball season. It's exciting!

Thanks for keeping up with us!
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment