Saturday, July 16, 2016

#BookWorm: Orphan Train

Hello fellow readers,

OH boy guys. I just finished the book Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. All I can say is WOW. People actually went through things like this. And currently go through modern day versions of this. Blows my freaking mind how blessed I am with the life I live. That is all I can say after reading this and reading White Oleander. Wow. So what is this book about you may ask? It's about a girl named Molly who gets into trouble because she stole a library book. She has to do community service hours, and her foster parents have just about had it, but decide to give her a chance to complete her hours before making any drastic moves. Molly's boyfriend Jack sets her up with an opportunity to help a ninety-one year old lady unpack and get rid of items in her old mansion. While helping Vivian go through the items, Molly finds out each one has a special meaning and memory attached to it. Hearing Vivian's story changes both of their lives forever.

This book was semi-predictable. But there were times of unpredictability as well. It kept me interested, going back and forth between present day and the past, as well as the lovable characters. The ending was kind of anti-climactic, but it was a good book nonetheless. Overall I'd say it's an 8.5/10. It really makes you count your blessings. Hearing the things some people go through in their lifetime can really make me think twice and appreciate things in my life more. Definitely a recommended read.

What did you think of Orphan Train? Did you find it to be an eye-opener too? Let me know, I would love to hear!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment