Tuesday, February 9, 2016

#BookWorm: See Me

Hello fellow readers!

Tonight I finished up Nicholas Sparks' most recent book See Me. I got it as a Christmas gift from my mom and just now got around to reading it due to my stack of library books I had prior to this! So let's just jump right in. Ah, Nicholas Sparks. The typical modern day romance novel author and movie maker. Let me just tell you, I can already see this one being a movie. And a hit. So let me start off by saying, this was not your typical Nicholas Sparks book. This was more of a mystery book mixed in with romance. The first half of the book focused on the romance between Maria and Colin. Bad boy meets incredibly smart hard working girl, and tries to convince her he's a changed man. Now that part sounds like typical Nicholas Sparks. However the book takes a quick turn as Maria discovers she has a stalker and some visitors from the past. The plot of this book was great. Kept me interested throughout all 480+ pages. I never felt like "okay get to the point already" which can easily happen with such a long book.

As per usual, I did have a good inkling of who the stalker and criminal was from close to the beginning, but keep in mind mystery is my favorite genre. Overall ranking, 9/10. Pretty good. Not anything that could never happen, not anything that was too focused on sexual interactions between the main characters (especially for Sparks). Just right! Similar to Safe Haven without the weird ghost ex-wife. I still find it hilarious that every time someone has sex in his books its always the woman taking the man by the hand into the bedroom hah.

I do have to say that I saw The Choice this weekend and thought it was interesting. I liked it overall. I did tear up (what else is new right?). But I did think it could have been longer and gone into more detail about the characters' life together. The plot was great, ending great, true to the book (which I LOVED). Before I saw the movie,  I wasn't happy with who they cast for the main roles, but watching it I actually liked them! I also liked that Tom Welling was in the movie even if he looked ginormous. He's been a kid crush of mine since Cheaper by the Dozen.

Anyhow, I really liked the book and enjoyed the other movie. Did you read See Me or see The Choice? I want to hear thoughts people! I am cracking open Sarah Dessen's most recent book Saint Anything tomorrow and can't WAIT because she is one of my favorites and it has been a while since she came out with a book! And she lives in Chapel Hill! I would DIE if I ran into her :)

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment