Saturday, February 27, 2016

#BookWorm: Saint Anything

Hello fellow readers,

Recently I finished up Sarah Dessen's latest YA novel Saint Anything. I have always been a Sarah Dessen fan, and now that I live in NC I dream about running into her at the store. That would be way too cool. Anyhow, this latest book is not one to miss. I finished it quickly, what else is new right?, and LOVED it. Every page. Every character. Love, love, love. The plot is about Sydney, a high school girl who has always had one thing keeping her from the spotlight: her brother Peyton. Peyton is a trouble maker through and through. He goes to rehab to work on himself, and comes out better but not 100% convincing. Soon after he causes an accident that winds up throwing him into prison. Sydney has to learn how to live her life in the shadow of her brother and decides to transfer schools to get away from the rumors. She meets a new friend Layla who shows her a new side of the world and friendship.

This book is great. I can't say enough good things about it. I love Sydney's character, and feel like I can really relate to her being the child who didn't cause trouble. Layla's character is hilarious and her personality shines throughout the pages. If you have never read Sarah Dessen, this is a great place to start. If you have read her books and love her, you will love this one more! 9/10 easy rating. My favorite book by her will always be The Truth About Forever, but this is up on the top of her books for sure. She has been tweeting about writing and such so I hope another book is in the works! I always look forward to her new books!

Now I am going to dig into the stack of books my mom brought from Florida, even though it is tempting for me to read Lovely Bones which was a whim purchase at a used bookstore. I've heard great things about the book, not so much about the movie. We will see what comes off the stack first! If you read Saint Anything let me know your thoughts! I want to hear!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment