Thursday, August 6, 2015

#BookWorm: The Lake

Hello fellow readers,

So I just finished another book since I finally have had some free time! This one took me only a week :). It's called The Lake by Annalisa Grant. It was one of those books that popped up on my suggested list and was about a girl moving from Florida to North Carolina so I thought it was appropriate! As I did more digging I found out its a trilogy of a small town author and this trilogy is her first set of published books. Anyways so the plot it about a 17 year old girl Layla, who moves to North Carolina to live with her estranged aunt and uncle after her grandparents died (who she lived with for five years after her parents both died). She falls in love with a boy named Will but there are complications. It's a pretty typical romance story with some twists. The writing can be repetitive as far as repeating phrases the main character says and sometimes it felt as though it was being written by an older person who hadn't been a teenager in a while. I do want to read the other two books though! In the end it was a good quick read and the plot was interesting enough to make me want to keep reading. I'd give it a 7.5/10. She's no Sarah Dessen, but still interesting.

Have you heard of or read this series? Thoughts? I love finding new authors because you never know what they will become in a few years, it's pretty cool. Next up is the last Maze Runner book: The Death Cure. Hopefully it doesn't take me as long to finish it as it did the other ones. 

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment